Home » News » Ortom Presents N133.39 billion Budget to Benue Assembly

Ortom Presents N133.39 billion Budget to Benue Assembly

John Shiaondo, Makurdi
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state yesterday presented N133.39 billion 2016 Budget appropriation estimate to the state Assembly.
Christenend ‘Budget of Trust, Confidence and Credibility’, the budget is tailored to carter for five major sectors listed to include; Administration, Economic, Law and Justice, Regional and Social.
The 2016 budget estimate is a marginal decrease over 2015 approved budget by 1.48%.
Breakdown of the budget shows that capital Projects will take the sum of N67.43 billion representing 50.55% of the total budget while the remaining N65.96 billion representing 49.45% is recurrent expenditure.
Governor Ortom said the capital projects required to be executed have been carefully selected for execution to enable them create the needed base for diversification of the economy in line with the blueprint “Our Collective Vision for a New Benue.”
According to him, the 2016 budget may be subjected to the challenges of ensuring adequate revenue inflows in the face of dwindling federation accounts receipts; low commercial activities occasioned by liquidity squeeze; rising cost of running government; funding of all capital projects and government contractual obligations; increasing government debt stock; communal disputes and security challenges amongst others.
He said to overcome the challenges it is critical to come together as one people irrespective of party affiliation and develop the entire state as priority taking into cognizance comparative advantage of the state.
The governor said the MDAs were collapsed into sectors for purposes of analysis and in compliance with accounting guidelines.

%d bloggers like this: