Position: Election Management Advisor
Division: Program Management
Location: Liberia, Monrovia
Status: International Full Time
IFES is an international, nonprofit organization that supports the building of democratic societies. IFES provides targeted technical assistance to strengthen transitional democracies. Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, IFES has developed and implemented comprehensive, collaborative democracy solutions in more than 145 countries.
- Fostering managerial and administrative capacity within the NEC.
- Evaluating the NEC’s organizational capacity and identifying limitations / opportunities for technical capacity-building activities.
- Establishing technical development plans based on the electoral calendar and prioritizing areas for technical assistance.
- Developing training programs for the Commissioners and management team.
- Providing international comparative perspectives to procedural and policy-related matters.
- Facilitating roundtable discussions with EMB officers, international advisors, and other relevant bodies on electoral and referendum framework issues.
- Advising on the general implementation of electoral and referendum activities, such as voter registration and exhibition, candidate nomination, polling and counting, results aggregation, and complaints and appeals.
- Developing and maintaining constructive working relationships with national counterparts, national and international assistance providers, and democracy and governance organizations and strategic partners.
- Contributing to weekly activity reports and drafting quarterly progress reports, including performance monitoring and evaluation reporting.
- Preparing and submitting a final report detailing the activities, results, deliverables, and recommendations achieved at the conclusion of assignment.
- Performing other technical assistance duties as assigned by the Country Director.
- Master’s degree with at least five years of demonstrated experience in international electoral assistance, electoral operations, democracy and governance, or a related professional field.
- Proven knowledge of and experience with electoral systems, EMB operations, and associated electoral administration processes.
- Program design and project management experience.
- Ability to support program team members and mentor national counterparts.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision, plan activities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong professional and collaborative skills when working with a team.
- Familiarity with international community; ability to manage and develop local relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English; comfortable with public speaking and presentations.
- Competency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Previous experience of working with EMBs in Africa would be an added advantage.
- Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Maturity, sound judgment, and ability to exercise common sense
- Cultural sensitivity
- Diplomatic tact
How to Apply:
You must go to http://www.ifes.org to the Careers section and apply online. Applications are only accepted in this way. Make sure you upload all papers together (e.g. resume, cover letter, application, etc). Resumes will only be reviewed and accepted for consideration if submitted through our Careers page.