Fans of Nigerian artistes are surely in for an exciting moment with their favourite stars. For the first time in the country, a novel avenue has been created to enable them, on a monthly basis, bond with their favourite stars as arrangements had been concluded to kick-off the maiden edition of a programme, tagged Celebrity Fan Date (CFD).
CFD, which will feature A-list artistes, including the king of comedy, Ali Baba, Korede, Jenifa and a host of others, is scheduled to make a debut at Lagos Oriental Hotel, Lekki, Lagos in February and will feature Funke Akindele a.k.a Jenifa.
The novel reality show will also entertain and educate the public; and possibly produce new set of celebrities as an outstanding fan may get a chance to become a budding star through visibility.
CEO of Heartlink Group, the consulting partners and event organiser of the event, Kemi Otegbade, disclosed this in a statement obtained by The UNION in Lagos on Tuesday.
She listed the advisory board committee of CFD to include seasoned professionals in the media, movies and more, such as Jahman Anikulapo,a culture activist; Mrs. Jemitola Fulani-Ojo, Edo State, Commissioner for Women; Femi Odugbemi, a renowned producer; Mr. Alfred Okoigun, Tony Uranta, Oscar Udofia, former GM, STV, Mayor Akinpelu, Lady Ada Chukwudozie, Gbenga Omotosho and Bimbola Sunmola.
According to Otegbade: “Our Nigerian stars have been perceived as selfish or inhuman, Celebrity Fan Date series will show the world that this is far from the truth, they love charity and some of them even have NGOs of their own.”
The statement further revealed that Celebrity Fan Date is aimed at inspiring youths and upcoming ones that hard work and consistency pays; and that they can be what they want to be if they set out to do so wholeheartedly.
To be able to meet their favourite Stars, Fans will contest through downloaded app to compete to win as WINNER FAN of the month to go on a celebrated date with his/her favorite Celebrity. The pre-selected Celebrity of the month will pick the winning number in a transparent manner through raffle; the Winner Fans will be invited to the next Celebrity –Fan Date and will get some complimentary passes for friends, family and associates. According to Otegbade, the Celebrity Fan Date app which is very interactive and easy to access is available on Google app store on all smart phones.
Otegbade also listed the highlights of the monthly event series to include the following:
• The Winner fan of the month will put the Celebrity on hot seat for about 20 minutes, ask questions that will unravel the success story of the star; they will sit together, interact and dine on same table in front of a live audience who can also throw in few questions of their own.
• There will be a photo session of the Celebrity and Winner Fan which will be used on all social, electronic, print media and on billboards for one month till the subsequent Celebrity/Fan emerges.
• Fans will be allowed to vote as many times as possible in order to have a higher chance of winning.
• Celebrity Fan Date will also give back to the society by giving a percentage of proceeds from the project every month to Heart of Gold Hospice, a motherless baby’s home for autistic children for the first one year. A representative from the home will be present at all the events. Another orphanage will be selected for the subsequent year.
• Complimentary winners will also be identified through the voting process and invited to the events
• There will be various Performances and celebrity Catwalk for Charity
• Raffles and gifts for raffle winners will be made available from sponsors
• Mock news of entertainment industry
She explained that the benefits of partnering with Celebrity Fan Date project by artistes and brands alike cannot be overemphasized, saying Nigeria is blessed with various talents in Entertainment, Sports & Broadcasting Industries.
“Their fans bases are unprecedented. The mission of Celebrity Fan Date is to bond stars with their fans; inspire and mould values, encourage hard work and consistency and also give back to the society as a fraction of their appearance fee honorarium will be given to the winner fan. Fans will also have the option to choose the Stars they want us to feature in the nearest future by the same voting process through the Celebrity Fan Date app,” she further explained.